Sunday 15 January 2012

A Study in Pink

 
I love BBC's Sherlock series (and Sherlock Holmes in general), and I'm both looking forward to and dreading 'The Reichenbach Fall', which airs tonight.
Taking a step back to its first episode, we go to 'A Study in Pink', on which this is based. The poor 'suicide' victim (dressed entirely in pinks) scratches 'Rache' into a wooden floor with her final strength. And thus, I have scratched out 'Rache' into my nail polish. 

 

The pink is 151, L'Oreal Resist & Shine Titanium. I'm not actually a great fan of pink, so I'd never worn this colour before (it was given to me) and honestly didn't think I ever would. Good thing, too, since I think pink makes me so obviously pale, and not in a nice-contrast-y way.
Despite my personal preferences in terms of colour, the formula of this polish is excellent. It provides great coverage (here one thicker and one thinner coat applied in rapid succession, because I had to scratch in it) and dries fairly quickly. So, not my colour, but a great polish in and of itself.
No top coat is applied or it'd lose that scratched out quality, and underneath is Koh Orchid, which lightens the nail, to have the letters stand out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment