Sunday 29 January 2012

Who killed my sister? Who killed the Witch of the East? Was it you?

Today's blog title brought to you by the Wizard of Oz, simply because this colour reminded me of the ruby slippers in the film. I saw big 'SALE' signs at 'Mooi', and because it's seemingly impossible to stick to "I'll stop buying nail polish for a while" I went in to see if I could find anything nice.

I found this polish, Herôme W.I.C's 'London' in the discount.. bowl and decided it looked good. Now, this was actually a case of being fooled by store lights. It looked like a deeper red - closer to crimson - and rather unlike the flashy, ruby red it actually is.

Wicked witch! (I know, I know - the slippers are silver in the book.. just humour me.)
So, I was temporarily disappointed - brighter reds just aren't my cup of tea - but decided to put it on anyway. Turns out it was a lucky accident - the colour grew on me rather quickly. In certain lights it has orange undertones, making it a nice warm colour. Quite a bit of shimmer that really makes it pop - this is a polish people will notice.
Applied like a charm. Smooth as butter, very pleasant. Great formula. I used three coats, but it should probably give you sufficient coverage with two generously applied ones.
Definitely a good buy. Yay, bargains!

Artificial light, bottle, flash.

No comments:

Post a Comment