Tuesday 16 September 2014

Tina.

Prior to running into a display full of them, I had no idea that Kruidvat carried Sinful Colors. (I really, really want to spell that with a 'u'...) I took home this sort of mint green shade (looks rather blue in the picture) called '982 Be Happy'. I think I have an old Hema polish that's actually pretty close to this, but let's pretend that I don't.

Like I mentioned before, I wanted to do some nail art on Sea Sunset but it got damaged before I got the chance. Be Happy is as good a shade as any for what I had in mind...

Bob's Burgers' Tina Belcher.
Tina is entirely done in acrylic paints. I build my cartoons up over a white base shape done in acrylics as well, and I'm thinking I should do those in a nail polish instead to create a significantly smoother surface to work on..
I'm not dissatisfied with it, but I think her features are more reminiscent of the style of The Simpsons than Bob's Burgers. Something to keep an eye on if I decide to do another character, I suppose.

2 comments:

  1. Geweldig gedaan haha! Leuk! Mooi lakje ook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bedankt! Ik wordt zeker vrolijk van het kleurtje.

    ReplyDelete